Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter




I am a big holiday fan as it is anyway, but I love Easter! I love the colors, the flowers, the feeling of new beginnings, and being with family.

This was Sam's first Easter and we did the traditional Easter basket, cute outfit, and family pictures. Joe and I don't want the meaning behind Easter to get lost in all the bunnies, egg hunts and candy, so we mixed Sam's Easter basket with different and traditional things. We really want him to know that Easter is about Jesus and the sacrifice He made for our sins, and not about a bunny. Please don't get me wrong we love the Easter bunny, the eggs, and the peeps. We just don't want that to be his main focus each year. We want him to learn the scriptures and understand why we celebrate Easter; as well as have fun with the Easter bunny, finding eggs, and eating candy.

With that being said we had a good Easter. We got up early Sunday morning and finished making french toast for our Sunday School brunch, and then put Sam in his super cute Easter outfit. After that we went to church, and then to my parent's house for lunch with my sister and her family, Joe's mom and brothers, and my parents. Then, we went to Joe's aunt's house to visit his dad's side of the family for an hour or two. It was wonderful to see everyone, but needless to say, by the time we got home last night we were exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment