Friday, March 13, 2009

Birthdays

I LOVE birthdays! I like to make a huge deal out of birthdays. I don't necessarily do big party or anything like that. I do more of a bunch of little things like: cards, small notes in random places, e-cards, random small presents, and then dinner where the birthday person wants to go.

We have a tradition in our family that on the morning of your birthday you are awakened with: your homemade cake-candles lit, presents, & your family singing happy birthday. It is so much fun! Then of course you get to eat cake for breakfast.

The first time I did this for my husband I scared him to death. I think he thought our bedroom was on fire, b/c the room was dark except for the candles on the cake burning. The funniest part is that he knew that it was coming b/c we talked about it the night before, but he still had this look of panic on his face until he woke up good. I have since started turning the light on as I come in the room singing.

Today is my mom's birthday, so I would like to wish her a very happy birthday. I did not get to participate in her birthday wake up today. I did, however, do the next best thing, which was to call her super early this morning and wish her a good one.

I don't care how old you get it makes you feel so good and loved when someone remembers your birthday.

If today is your birthday; I hope it is a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Love that idea. I may have to start it with my kids (and hubby) from here on out. That would make the day so special.

    ReplyDelete